Definition of motional impedance
: the part of the electrical impedance in a telephone receiver or loudspeaker that is due to the motion of the diaphragm
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game