mo·ta·cil·la | \ ˌmōtəˈsilə\
Definition of motacilla
1 capitalized : a genus (the type of the family Motacillidae) of oscine birds comprising the wagtails
2 plural -s : any bird of the genus Motacilla
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game