Definition of mosquito plant
1 or mosquito trap : an Asian vine (Cynanchum acuminatifolium) whose flowers sometimes entrap small insects
2 : a plant (as basil mint or pennyroyal) believed to be efficacious in driving away mosquitoes
3 : mosquito fern
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?