mo·rin·ite | \ ˈmōrəˌnīt, ˈmȯr-\
Definition of morinite
: a mineral Na2Ca4Al4(PO4)4O2F6.5H2O that consists of a basic aluminum calcium sodium fluophosphate occurring in colorless to white or pale pink monoclinic crystals (hardness 4.5, specific gravity 2.9)
— called also jezekite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game