variants: or less commonly morabucquea \ ˌmȯrəˈbəkēə \
Definition of morabukea
: a leguminous tree (Mora gonggrijpii or Dimorphandra gonggrijpii) of British Guiana and Surinam that is closely related to the mora, that often grows in dense pure stands, and that yields hard heavy strong often streaked reddish brown wood very resistant to decay
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game