moore·ite | \ ˈmu̇ˌrīt, ˈmōˌ-, ˈmȯˌ-\
Definition of mooreite
: a mineral (Mg,Zn,Mn)8(SO4)(OH)144H2O consisting of a hydrous basic sulfate of magnesium, zinc, and manganese
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game