moon overphrasal verb
mooned over; mooning over; moons over
Definition of moon over
: to spend too much time thinking about or looking at (someone or something that one admires or wants very much) All the girls in the class are mooning over the handsome new teacher.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game