monkey withphrasal verb
monkeyed with; monkeying with; monkeys with
Definition of monkey with
: to handle or play with (something) in a careless way : to monkey around with (something) I told you not to monkey with the lawn mower.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game