mol·li·e·nis·ia | \ ˌmälēəˈnisēə\
Definition of mollienisia
1 capitalized : a genus of brightly colored topminnows of the family Poeciliidae highly valued as aquarium fishes — see sailfin
2 plural -s : any fish of the genus Mollienisia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?