mold·warp | \ ˈmōlˌdwȯrp\
variants: or moldiwarp \ -ldiˌw- \
Definition of moldwarp
1 dialectal, British : a European mole (Talpa europaea)
2 dialectal : a stupid or shiftless person the old man … a shambling moldwarp— Maristan Chapman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game