Definition of molasses grass
: a valuable perennial forage grass (Melinis minutiflora) native to tropical Africa but widely cultivated and covered with hairs which secrete a sweet substance having the odor of molasses
— called also candy grass
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game