Definition of moisture equivalent
: the water content expressed as a percentage of the dry weight that a soil can retain against a centrifugal force one thousand times the force of gravity and used as a convenient laboratory measure of soil moisture conditions
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?