Definition of mocktail
: a usually iced drink made with any of various ingredients (such as juice, herbs, and soda water) but without alcohol : a nonalcoholic cocktail Though London may be home to some of the world's tastiest cocktails, it's also got some of the best mocktails going, too. Virgin drinks are starting to pop up on the menus of the city's trendiest bars to account for those nights when you want to go out but can't afford a hangover the next day.— Sophia E. Lipp
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game