mixed messages/signalsplural noun
Definition of mixed messages/signals
: a showing of thoughts or feelings that are very different from each other I don't know if he likes me; he keeps giving me mixed messages. She's sending mixed signals about her feelings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game