mixed messages/signalsplural noun
Definition of mixed messages/signals
: a showing of thoughts or feelings that are very different from each other I don't know if he likes me; he keeps giving me mixed messages. She's sending mixed signals about her feelings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game