mix up withphrasal verb
mixed up with; mixing up with; mixes up with
Definition of mix up with
1 : to mistakenly put (something) with (something else) Did my homework get mixed up with your papers?
2 : to cause (someone) to become involved with (a particular group of people and especially with people who cause trouble) She was mixed up with the wrong crowd. teenage boys getting mixed up with gangs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game