Definition of mit
(Entry 1 of 4)
variant spelling of mitt
variants: or mito-
Definition of mit- (Entry 2 of 4)
1 : thread mitoplast
2 : mitosis mitoclastic mitodepressive mitogenetic
Definition of mit (Entry 3 of 4)
Definition of MIT (Entry 4 of 4)
milled in transit; milling in transit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?