Definition of mistitle
1 : to wrongly state the title of (something) … he mistitles a novel by Beckett …— Gerry Dukes
2 : to give a bad or misleading title to If these were his true intentions, however, he failed the instant he decided to source his reference images online and wantonly mistitle his final paintings …— Yo Zushi
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game