Definition of misroute
: to send (something) to an incorrect destination or by an incorrect route : to route (something) incorrectly Having dispatch centers in such close proximity means some calls are misrouted to the wrong dispatch center …— Wendy Culverwell But misrouting a line or wire might put it in a position susceptible to chafing, heat, or other harm.— Earl Heron
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game