Definition of misidentification
: incorrect or false identification The long-term nature of a life insurance policy sometimes accounts for a misidentification of the insured.— Harriett E. Jones et al. In the finished novel, the central character insists on calling his girlfriend June, though her name is Joan—one of many obsessional misidentifications in [Henry] Green's fiction.— Jeremy Treglown
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game