misfocused also misfocussed; misfocusing also misfocussing
Definition of misfocus
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of misfocus (Entry 2 of 2)
: inadequate or misdirected focus The main misfocus investors have when it comes to their investment performance is comparing it to a benchmark as the sole factor for success or failure.— Joseph Clark … they are blurred either from misfocus or camera movement, and there is a 1950s grainy quality.— William Meyers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game