Definition of misconnect
: to connect (something) in a wrong or improper way Spark plug wires should be replaced one at a time between the distributor cap or ignition coils and the spark plugs to avoid misconnecting the wires. If you misconnect the wires, the engine will not run.— Ronald G. Haefner two people who sometimes misconnect
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game