Definition of miscompute
: to make a mistake in computing : to compute wrongly Overall, the IRS wound up sending nearly 197,000 notices recently to seniors explaining that they had miscomputed their taxable amounts of Social Security benefits …— Neil Downing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?