mir·a·belle | \ ¦mirə¦bel\
Definition of mirabelle
1 : a small hardy European plum tree (Prunus domestica institia) with finely toothed leaves and small cherry-shaped fruit
2 : the fruit of the mirabelle tree used especially for preserves and for making a liqueur
3 : a usually colorless brandy distilled from the fermented juice of mirabelle plum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?