plural mint sets
Definition of mint set
: a group of uncirculated coins containing one each of several denominations issued by a country usually in a particular year A 1960 U.S. mint set might contain a Franklin half dollar, a Washington quarter, a Roosevelt dime, a Jefferson nickel, and a Lincoln penny from the Philadelphia Mint and one each from the Denver Mint.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game