Definition of minor key
1 : a musical key or tonality in the minor mode
2 : a mood of melancholy or pathos
3 : a restrained manner : a small or limited scale the high moments of social life on the farm … are in a decidedly minor key— Don Murray art in Australia … reflected English traditions in a minor key— Bernard Smith
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?