minister of statenoun
plural ministers of state
Definition of minister of state
: a British governmental official having a status between a minister and a parliamentary secretary and usually appointed to relieve a minister of portions of his departmental work promoted Minister of State at the Foreign Office— Herbert Morrison
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game