min·ish | \ ˈminish \
Definition of minish
: to make less (as in size, amount, or degree) : make fewer in number : diminish in power or influence : lessen have minished their numbers— Sir Walter Scott would not … minish by a tittle the respect due to the Magistrate— J. R. Lowell without … muddling it up with myths which simply minish its interest— George Saintsbury
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game