min·ish | \ ˈminish\
Definition of minish
: to make less (as in size, amount, or degree) : make fewer in number : diminish in power or influence : lessen have minished their numbers— Sir Walter Scott would not … minish by a tittle the respect due to the Magistrate— J. R. Lowell without … muddling it up with myths which simply minish its interest— George Saintsbury
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game