Definition of minimum rate
1 : an insurance rate applied uniformly to all risks within a given group or class regardless of possible differences in hazards
2 : the lowest permissible rate at which traffic may be handled by a carrier
3 : the lowest wage rate assigned for a given task or to a given class of employees — compare minimum wage
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game