mim·u·lus | \ ˈmimyələs\
Definition of mimulus
1 capitalized : a genus of American herbs (family Scrophulariaceae) having a tubular 5-angled calyx and an irregular 2-lipped corolla — see monkey flower
2 plural -es : any plant of the genus Mimulus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?