milk/bleed/suck (someone or something) dryidiom
Definition of milk/bleed/suck (someone or something) dry
: to take or use up everything from (someone or something) He married her for her money and then bled her dry. She milked the system dry.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game