Definition of milk-and-wine lily
: a crinum (Crinum sanderianum) of tropical western Africa that has narrow leaves and white flowers in umbels of three or four with lanceolate red-banded recurved petals and that is often cultivated as an ornamental
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?