mi·cro·chae·ta | \ "\
plural microchaetae\ -ēt(ˌ)ē \
Definition of microchaeta
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a small bristle on the body of some insects (as many two-winged flies) —distinguished from macrochaeta
Definition of Microchaeta (Entry 2 of 2)
: a genus of earthworms of which one southern African form (M. rappi) reaches a length of five feet
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?