Definition of Michigan
state in the northern U.S. in the Great Lakes region including an upper (northwestern) peninsula and a lower (southeastern) peninsula and having a border on all of the Great Lakes except Lake Ontario; capital Lansing area 58,527 square miles (151,585 square kilometers), population 9,883,640
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?