mez·za majolica | \ ¦metsə-, -edzə-, -ezə-\
Definition of mezza majolica
: early Italian earthenware resembling majolica but whitened with a clay slip under a lead glaze and partly decorated in sgraffito
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?