Definition of methylolurea
: either of two compounds formed as the first stage in making urea-formaldehyde resins:
a : a crystalline compound H2NCONHCH2OH obtainable from one mole each of urea and formaldehyde and used especially for impregnating wood with which it forms hard resins
— called also monomethylolurea
b : dimethylolurea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?