methyl heptine carbonatenoun
Definition of methyl heptine carbonate
: an oily ester CH3(CH2)4C≡CCOOCH3 that has a strong odor like violets and is used in perfumes and cosmetics; methyl 2-octyn-oate —not used systematically
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game