methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusnoun
Definition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
: MRSA The germ is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA. People can carry it on their skin or in their noses with no symptoms and still infect others—the reason many hospitals isolate and test new patients to see if they harbor the bug.— Marilynn Marcione, The Springfield (Massachusetts) Republican, 28 Oct. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game