Definition of messenger bag
: a rectangular bag that is large enough to carry papers, books, etc., and that usually has a wide shoulder strap and a flap that typically covers the opening and much or all of the front of the bag Instead, the Oaklander bought a messenger bag … . After being popularized and perfected during the golden era of bike messengers, the one-strap, one-flap, over-the-shoulder bag has become ubiquitous.— Maghan McDowell
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game