mess around with (something)idiom
Definition of mess around with (something)
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious I'm not really a painter; I just like to mess around with paints. She spent the evening messing around with the computer.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way Stop messing around with the stereo.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?