Love words? You must — there are over 200,000 words in our free online dictionary, but you are looking for one that’s only in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary.
Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Origin and Etymology of mensa
Definition of Mensa
- Table Mountain is a South African icon and the only natural site on the planet to have a constellation of stars named after it — Mensa, meaning “the table.”
- —Asia Pulse, 14 Nov. 2011
- Mensa is one of the faintest constellations in the sky, with no stars brighter than magnitude 5.0.
- —Carole Stott and Giles Sparrow, Starfinder, 2010
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up mensa? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).