me·mo·ria tech·ni·ca | \ mə̇¦mōrēəˈteknə̇kə\
Definition of memoria technica
: an artificial aid to the memory : a mnemonic aid evidence the survival of this primitive memoria technica— Edward Clodd
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game