melt intophrasal verb
melted into; melting into; melts into
Definition of melt into
: to become difficult or impossible to see by changing into or becoming combined with (something else) The colors in the painting melt into one another. Her frown melted into a smile. She melted into the crowd.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game