melodic minor scalenoun
Definition of melodic minor scale
: a minor scale with the ascending intervals between the scale tones consisting of whole steps except those between two and three and seven and eight and with the descending intervals corresponding to the pattern of the natural minor scale with half steps between six and five and three and two
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?