mel·lo·phan·ic acid | \ ¦melə¦fanik-\
Definition of mellophanic acid
: either of two isomeric acids derived from benzene:
b : a crystalline acid C6H2(COOH)4 formed by oxidation of isodurene; 1,2,3,5-benzene-tetracarboxylic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?