meet one's makeridiom
variants: or meet one's Maker
Definition of meet one's maker
: to die He says he's not afraid to meet his Maker. —often used figuratively My old car has finally gone to meet its maker.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game