meditate on/uponphrasal verb
meditated on/upon; meditating on/upon; meditates on/upon
Definition of meditate on/upon
: to think about (something) carefully She meditated on whether or not to return to school. meditating upon the meaning of life
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game