meditate on/uponphrasal verb
meditated on/upon; meditating on/upon; meditates on/upon
Definition of meditate on/upon
: to think about (something) carefully She meditated on whether or not to return to school. meditating upon the meaning of life
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game