Definition of measuring machine
: a machine for measuring especially : a machine for the accurate mechanical or optical measurement of distances on standards of length, gauges, and other parts and commonly made to measure to an accuracy of 0.0001 inch or higher
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?