Definition of mean spheroid
: an imaginary spheroid which is commonly assumed to be an ellipsoid of revolution but may have three unequal axes, which coincides most nearly with the actual figure of the earth at the plane of sea level, and to which trigonometrical surveys are referred
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?